The combination of METS and ALTO (often written METS/ALTO) is the current industry standard for newspaper digitization used by hundreds of modern, large-scale newspaper digitization projects
- METS has the capability to support article segmentation, so articles, headlines, bylines, and other article-level metadata can be captured.
- The combination of METS and ALTO captures very “rich” data, allowing the development of innovative discovery and delivery interfaces.
- Both METS and ALTO are open XML standards — no proprietary software is required to read or transform the digitized objects.
Web Interface (Web based application):
A web-based application is any application that uses a website as the interface (the ‘front-end’). Users access the application from any computer connected to the Internet using a standard browser, instead of using an application that has been installed on their local computer.
Business Advantage using Web Inteface
- Cost effective development
- Accessible anywhere
- Easily customizable
- Accessible for a range of devices
- Improved interoperability
- Easier installation and maintenance
- Adaptable to increased workload
- Flexible core technologies
Business Development Manager